Paid employment opportunities will be advertised below as they become available. Please contact Lorraine Hack if you have a question about any of our job vacancies on 01908 280828 or email email@example.com
Please note we do not accept individual CVs for permanent posts unaccompanied by a completed application form. No agencies please. CVs can be sent if they form part of a Freelance Response to Tender.
If you have not heard from us within two weeks of the closing date for applications for a vacancy, we regret we have not been able to offer you an interview.
Interested in giving your support? Find more about volunteering at The Stables.
We are currently recruiting Trustees for one of the UK’s leading music organisations.
Wavendon Allmusic Plan Ltd is a registered charity founded by Sir John Dankworth and Dame Cleo Laine with a vision to engage the widest range of people in all its diversity. It currently realises this vision from its base at The Stables Theatre which presents over 400 concerts and 200 education events each year, and through the biennial IF: Milton Keynes International Festival that engages people with music and sound in unexpected ways in unusual places. The organisation is currently working on a capital project to enhance its facilities in Milton Keynes and is actively engaged in development work to expand the organisation’s role nationally and internationally. The Stables is one of Arts Council England’s National Portfolio Organisations.
The organisation has two active subsidiary charity companies, The Stables Theatre Ltd which manages the day to day operations of The Stables Theatre, and The Stables Events Ltd which looks after the International Festival and other major events.
Board meetings are held quarterly in Milton Keynes. As a Board member Trustees agree to attend and contribute to the meetings held in Milton Keynes, including quarterly Board Meetings, the AGM, any Committee and Task Group meetings they become involved in. The role requires Trustees to review information in advance of meetings to ensure informed discussion, and also to promote the organisation’s key messages and values, acting as an Ambassador for our work.
These are non-executive roles and unpaid.
We are keen to ensure diversity on the boards and in particular to broaden the ethnic diversity of the current team. We will welcome applications from all sections of the community and are particularly keen to hear from people with one or more of the following skills / experience / networks:
- A genuine passion for music and the wider arts sector and a commitment to widening access and engagement
- Immersed in the music scene / culture and particularly engaged with / contemporaries of 18-30 year olds
- Experience of HR/ people management / support
- Experience of significant capital projects / commercial property negotiations
- Business entrepreneurs preferably with experience in digital media development
- Experience of commercial trading activities such as bars, catering and events
- Exposure to / experience of working with media networks – e.g. radio, television, press in order to help the organisation increase its visibility national and internationally
- Composers, musicians, music educators, artists to contribute to the artistic and education policy planning and provide advocacy for the work of the organisation amongst peers
- Fundraising / philanthropic networks to support the Trustees and Executive Team in securing resources to carry out the organisation’s charitable objectives and vision
Information packs, with details of how to apply, are available below to download.
For further information, contact Lucy Bedford